I’m on a mission to attend yoga and pilates classes in unusual locations and the most iconic buildings in London. Rooftops, museums, top floors of London skyscrapers, stores, bars, clubs – you name it I want to plank there.
London is filled with yogis who host classes in these weird and wonderful locations. They are excellent teachers who know the uplifting potential of doing yoga with a view over the busy City of London from tall buildings with strange names like The Gherkin, The Shard, The Walkie-Talkie building, The Cheesegrater and The Vase. (The Vase is not offering classes for the public yet, but I’m hoping by putting my wish out into the Universe a yoga or pilates teacher will soon knock on their glass door and make it happen.)
In this blog I will share with you my experience, and of course photos, of attending pop-up yoga and pilates classes in funky places around London.
Here is a list of unconventional places to do yoga or pilates, some (hopefully most) of which I will attend and then write about in this blog:
- Sophie Dear rooftop yoga on Wednesday mornings at One New Change. I was there on 17 July 2019 – read about it here.
- Rise’n’shine with Fat Buddha Yoga on Thursday mornings on the roof of Coq d’Argent restaurant. I was there on 8 August 2019 – read about it here.
- Free yoga classes at Sweaty Betty stores. I was there on 1 September 2019 – read about it here.
- Sunrise Yoga at Sky Garden in 20 Fenchurch Street every day of the week except Mondays from April to October. I was there on 8 September 2019 – read about it here.
- Pets Yoga (kittens, bunnies or puppies) at pop-up locations around London. I was there on 15 September – read about it here.
- Design Museum X Equinox Yoga and private viewing of Beazley Designs of the Year at the Design Museum. I was there on 28 September 2019 – read about it here.
- OM Yoga show Alexandra Palace 18 – 20 October 2019. I was there on 20 October 2019 – read about it here.
- Yoga under the blue whale skeleton in Hintze Hall at the Natural History Museum. One class per month in September 2019, November 2019, January 2020 and March 2020. I was there on 3 November 2019 – read about it here.
- Fat Buddha Yoga on Sundays at The Hoxton Hotel.
- Fat Buddha Yoga once a month at the All Bright Mayfair hotel followed by brunch.
- Fat Buddha Yoga once a month at Landing42 in The Leadenhall Building.
- Free yoga once a month at Nike Town Oxford street. I was there on 24 October 2019. Read about it here.
- Free yoga at Adidas womens-only studio, 152 Brick Lane.
- Yoga with Yogamuni at The Gherkin on Tuesdays at 08:00, Wednesdays at 12 Noon and Thursdays 18:00.
- Sunrise yoga in the walkway of Tower Bridge every third Wednesday of the month. I was there on 20 November 2019.
- Power Pilates at The View from The Shard. I was there on 6 April 2019 – read about it here.
- Free pilates classes at Sweaty Betty stores.