If you wish to learn Reiki, I offer training in Usui Reiki First Degree (Level 1) and Second Degree (Level 2) in the Japanese and Western lineages.
There are a few things you may want to consider before deciding whether or not to enroll in a Reiki training course:
- Consider why you want to learn Reiki. Is it for personal use, or for future professional practice? Level I courses are primarily seen as being for personal use, followed by Level 2, which is the foundational level for professional practice.
- There are various styles of Reiki you could choose from, however the most important factor when choosing the style of Reiki is whether the Reiki Master has a lineage that can be traced back to Mikao Usui, the founder of the system of Reiki. A lineage is similar to a family tree.
- Another very important factor is whether “attunements,” are given in person. “Attunements” can be compared to spiritual blessings and is the most important aspect in the system of Reiki.
I teach the Usui style of Reiki, my Reiki lineage can be traced back to Mikao Usui (view it here) and as my Reiki courses are always held in person, attunements are always given in person. I am also registered with the UK Reiki Federation as a Master Teacher and Practitioner.
If you are considering learning Reiki, I think you might find my blog post on What to look for when choosing a Reiki course and Reiki Master useful.
- This 2-day course lays the foundation of Reiki. Students will learn the philosophy, history, and theory of Reiki. With practical exercises students will feel confident to give treatments for family and friends and to use Reiki for self-healing and personal development.
- A 2-day course that greatly increases the ability to use Reiki. The course introduces the Reiki symbols, and will explore the many ways of using them to enhance the experience of Reiki, their practical use in daily life, and their deeper meaning. Reiki 2 is known as the Practitioner Level and enables students to give professional treatments with confidence.
- For those who would prefer not to learn in a group, or if the group course dates don’t suit you, I can teach Reiki Level 1 and / or Level 2 one-to-one. The course content is the same as for a group but we have more time for questions and to talk about how Reiki can fit into your life. We also don’t need to do the course over one weekend – it can be broken up over four half-days, two full days mid-week, or even a few hours every day for a week. The benefit a private Reiki course, is the flexibility.